Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems with HTML-content

Vote:

Whenever i choose a Episerver CMS page the whole mail-module gets slow and when i get to the final stage it says that no HTML has been selected. And if i try to fetch the content from URL a little red star appears to indicate that something went wrong and the HTML is not fetched. I have installed EpiMail 5R2 on CMS6 R2.

Any help is much appreciated!

May 20, 2013 12:57
Vote:

1- Check in your host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) and see if following entry exist or not:

127.0.0.1 YourSiteName

If not, adding the above should solve the problem.

2- Check if "Everyone" has read access to news letter.

Hope above helps.

Jun 26, 2013 12:00
Vote:

I am having same issues as well and I have checked both host file and access premissions, they are correct, is there any thing else that we have to do?

Nov 20, 2013 16:14
Vote:

Strange thing is,it was working fine till yesterday

Nov 20, 2013 16:55
Vote:

Same problem over here. My solution was decompiling the assembly EPiServer.Mail.Core.Web and create my own class CmsContent source and alter GetMailBody().

Replacing decompiled code:

if (typeof(Global).GetProperty("UrlRewriteProvider", BindingFlags.Static | BindingFlags.Public) != null)

{
urlRewriteProvider = (UrlRewriteProvider)typeof(Global).InvokeMember("UrlRewriteProvider", BindingFlags.Static | BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.GetProperty, null, null, null);
}
else
{
urlRewriteProvider = (UrlRewriteProvider)typeof(Global).GetField("UrlRewriteProvider", BindingFlags.Static | BindingFlags.Public).GetValue(null);
}

By:

urlRewriteProvider = EPiServer.Global.UrlRewriteProvider;

The method GetMailBody contains a nice try catch with no error handling. So nice error and no logging.

Edited, Nov 26, 2013 15:07
Vote:

For me it started to work again next day, I have no idea what fixed it and what caused it at the first place

Nov 26, 2013 15:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.