Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add User/Group Error

Vote:

I am getting the following error after installing Relate+ and Hotfix1 & HotFix 2 (including Dlls, SQl Script and ascx files)

I am logging in as the administrator set up on install so permissions should no t be an issue.

Has anyone seen this before?

Click on Community -> System Settings -> Add User I get the following error

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
EPiServer.Community.Web.Administration.EditUserTabPageUserSettings.RenderTabPage(String task) +598
EPiServer.Community.Web.Administration.EditUserTabPageUserSettings.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +410
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427

It is also the same for Add Group

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
EPiServer.Community.Web.Administration.Security.EditGroupTabPageGroupSettings.RenderTabPage() +154
EPiServer.Community.Web.Administration.Security.EditGroupTabPageGroupSettings.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +262
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427
Nov 04, 2009 10:42
Vote:

Does the user get added even though you recieve that error message?

Nov 04, 2009 16:10
Vote:

Hi Frederick

That error is on page load so Im not even seeing the form to add user or group. Is it something you have seen before?

Nov 04, 2009 17:18
Vote:

Nope, I had another problem with adding Users/Groups where I recieved a NullReferenceException after posting the form. But the user still got added though.

Anyway, managed to reproduce the error locally. It seems that the wrong .ascx files got added.

I did a compare between the hotfix 2, EditGroupTabPageGroupSettings.ascx and EditUserTabPageUserSettings.ascx, and they where identical to the sp1 ones.

When I checked their code behind I saw that btnSearchGroups and btnShowAllGroups was missing. 

So adding something like

<asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnSearchGroups" Text="btnSearchGroups" />
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnShowAllGroups" Text="btnShowAllGroups" />

should fix the error for now.

Nov 04, 2009 18:29
Vote:

I've reported it as a bug now.

Nov 04, 2009 18:34
Vote:

We are sorry about this packaging error, the corrected archive will be available for download shortly.

Nov 05, 2009 9:32
Vote:

The correct version is now available at http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/Hotfixes/EPiServer-Community/Hotfix-2---EPiServer-Community-32-SP1/, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Nov 05, 2009 10:05
Vote:

That was quick! Thanks Håkan!

Nov 05, 2009 10:07
Vote:

Hi Håkan

Thanks for the quick hotfix. I have now got this working but the installation instructions are incorrect.

The ascx files need to be dropped into EPiServerCommunity\Security\ not EPiServerCommunity\Modules\Security\ for this issue to resolve.

They files do exist in both locations but it looks like files in Modules\Security are not used here. Not sure if they are used elsewhere?

Nov 05, 2009 13:36
Vote:

Hmm, you're right that EPiServerCommunity\Modules\Security is not the correct path... D'oh!

However, to my knowledge there shouldn't be a security folder in EPiServerCommunity\Modules, was that folder created when the hotfix was first installed?

Edited, Nov 05, 2009 13:57
Vote:

No both Security folders are created when installing RelatePlus 1.0.1.

I have deleted files in EPiServerCommunity\Modules\Security and everything works fine so looks like folder was added by mistake and the wrong path added to installation instructions!

Nov 05, 2009 14:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.