Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best practise for upgrading site and Relate+

Vote:

Hi

I have a CMS 5 site based on the demo package in the previous version of Relate+.

What are best practises for upgrading this site to EPi 6 and Relate+ 2. I didn't see any "Upgrade" command in Deployment Center. Should I upgrade to CMS 6 and then use "Install on existing site" for Relate+ 2, or is the upgrade from the previous version of Relate+ performed manually somehow?

Some pointers would be highly appreciated.

// Kristian

Aug 06, 2010 9:31
Vote:

Kristian, You are not alone waiting for the pointers...

// jorm@

Aug 31, 2010 9:58
Vote:

We are working on a document for upgrading a site. We are still testing at the moment. A lot of the work will be performed manually but upgrading to CMS 6 can be done in the deployment center. But i will publish a document on later with somehow a guide that might help you. We have done this work on our own intranet and when this is finnished we will publish our experience.

Best Regards

/Eric

Aug 31, 2010 11:18
Vote:

Any news on this matter?

Oct 26, 2010 13:39
Vote:

have a look at this document http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/Migrate-EPiServer-Relate-1-to-EPiServer-Relate-2/

This is how they did it at episerver.

Oct 26, 2010 14:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.