Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image Gallery Config

Vote:

Here's a curious one, hopefully someone can help...

I have a site that uses the image gallery and the source of the gallery points to a share that contains valid images. I can take the path to the share and access it, browse it and see the images.

Then the image files were moved to a different share and I updated the path in web.config (imageAbsoluteFilePath attribute of imageGallery) to reflect this new location. On trying to access images via the site using this share I now get a 500 error with the underlying cause seeming to be that it's trying to access the images from the previous share.

The paths to the share are of the following format:

Original \\share1\folder1\Images\Originals (tries to access images here, share has been moved)

altered \\share2\folder2\Images\Originals

I have restarted IIS, searched the whole site for the path to the previous share and still get this error, it's as if it's caching this path somewhere and I can't figure out how/where. Has anyone encountered this or know how to resolve?

Many thanks,

Mark

Sep 21, 2011 15:35
Vote:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-Community/EPiServer-Community-32/The-Cache-Replication-System/

A key point in the article is setting up a 'Thumbnails' virtual directory and pointing to the correct share.

Nov 15, 2011 10:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.