Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Relate+ and AD

Vote:

Hi!

I have configured the Multiplexer to use ActiveDirectory provider, and I have granted access to the groups (both in web.config and EPiServer on root level). But I can't log in either in Relate or in Edit/Admin mode. In the EventLog on the Domain Controller I can see that the user I tried to log in with have successfully logged on to the domain, but relate is able to handle. If i write wrong username/password relate does give an error, but with correct credentials it says nothing.

Anybody think of anything that can help?

Regards,
Ishan Jain

Feb 22, 2012 13:34
Vote:

Can you access Community admin UI with different user and check user you are using in which *community* groups he/she is?

Mar 19, 2012 15:04
Vote:

If we are looking at menu provider for the community module then menu item is provided if user "is Community admin".

return user.TotalAdministrativeAccessRights.EPiServerCommon;

Tracing down the path we can see that those administrative access rights are fetched by EPiServer Common module by executing

[spEPiServerCommonGetUserGroups] procedure which actually reads data from tblEPiServerCommonGroupUser table. Try to check those groups and see what's written there and how groups are synced.

May 16, 2012 8:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.