Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to administer permissions for a blog?

Vote:

Is there an UI to administer the permissions for a certain blog? Can't seem to find it?

Mar 14, 2013 9:33
Vote:

What product are you talking about? Blog in normal EPiServer CMS or community?

Mar 14, 2013 10:27
Vote:

Ah sorry I noticed the category was Relate+ now :)

Mar 14, 2013 10:27
Vote:

AFAIK security for blogs created directly or under Community Clubs is managed via code.

BlogAccessRights blogAccessrights = new BlogAccessRights()
{
    Read = true,
    Rate = true,
    Comment = true,
    CreateEntry = true

};
EntitySecurityHandler.Instance.SetAccessRights(entity, group, blogAccessrights);

Event handlers that add access permissions are implemented as initializable module.

Look for

EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.CommunityModules.CommunitySecurityModule

class in default Relate+ templates.

Edited, Apr 08, 2013 15:18
Vote:

How about status messages?

I'm having issues with status messages not showing in the news feed on my startpage which - I belive - is because there is no access to the blog.

However, is a user looks at another users profile page, that users status messages show in that feed. :S

Please advise.

May 03, 2013 14:48
Vote:

Interesting. Can you check whether they have access rights to each others news feed / mini feed? I would query DB directly - tblEPiServerCommonEntityUserAccessRights. You need to know user id and newsfeed entity id. Also maybe you can try to revoke permissions. Look for code sample in :

EPiServer.Templates.RelatePlus.CommunityModules.CommunitySecurityModules.ContactHandler_ContactRelationUpdated

Hope that helps!

May 03, 2013 19:07
Vote:

I'm not sure why (haven't investigated completely) but my Relate+ sample site news feed and mini feeds are showing updated list only after some period (like ~ 30 seconds or so) even if I manually clear the cache..

May 03, 2013 19:37
Vote:

Ok, understood - it's because of feeds aggregation.

May 03, 2013 21:11
Vote:

Thanks Valdis.

When comparing my site against the relate demo site, the demo site shows others status feeds, but my doesn't.

May 17, 2013 14:07
Vote:

What if you call Aggregate() manually on news feed manager object? Do feeds show up?

May 20, 2013 23:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.