Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Spell checker issues

Vote:

One of the most useful features 4.20 is the spell checker. It works well after I changed the default language in MS Office XP language setting. I have two wishes: 1. It would be more accurate to set the language within EPiServer. Changing the default language in Office is a clumsy solution, affecting a lot of things. 2. Bug or bad design: In the text "Byleskolan is a school for everyone" the spellchecker stops at "Byleskolan", claiming there is not alternative. That is OK, but you are left in a dead end with no possibility to continue the spellchecking process, without leaving the dialog and then select another piece of text WITHOUT the "impossible" word.
Oct 08, 2003 14:39
Vote:

I am glad you appreciate the spell checker tool, and your observations are valid. 1. We have plans of enhancing the spell checker in order to make it more configurable when using it within EPiServer, primarily by allowing the user to select the language used - and probably also use the language set for the EPiServer page as default. There simply was not time to incorporate this in the current version. 2. The behaviour with a "locked" state is indeed a bug, though if I remember correctly it should not appear if you have locked your Office language settings to a specific language. The problem lies in how the Office integration reports errors back to EPiServer, which in some cases result in the scenario you described. It is not the expected behaviour for words that are not found in the dictionary - that is handled more gracefully. If required I can provide more details, and also rest assured there will be future enhancements made to this function. /Roger Eriksson, re@ep.se
Oct 09, 2003 17:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.