Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled job - Settings

Vote:

Scheduled jobs is a good funktion for many types of tasks, but I would like to be able to add a Tab in the Admin GUI. That is most of the tasks have extra settings that i needed to be set by an administrator and also be changed from time to time. As I see it I have 3 options today: Have the settings in web.config or in a separate settingsfile that requires manual editing with for example notepad. This is risky because those files are sensitive to correct formating and if the setting is in web.config the IIS is restarted when saved. Make a separate Tab in Admin|Settings and let the Administrator edit them from there. Bad because the settings GUI is not connected to the job GUI with history and run settings. Make the Scheduled job into a Admin|Tools type of PlugIn. Then I have to make a lot of code around handling the history and run settings. So my suggestion is to expand the ScheduledPlugInAttribute with the posibility to add a Tab and point out a *.ascx file to use under that Tab. /Håkan
Oct 28, 2005 13:49
Vote:

I am in the exact same situation and I think this is a splendid idea. /Hasse
Feb 06, 2006 15:01
Vote:

It's not very difficult do create yourself if you need it now! Let me know if you would like guidence or help. /HAXEN
Feb 14, 2006 14:57
Vote:

That really sounds like a good idea! But I have another question and that is how to clear the history of the log file for the Schedule Plug In! Where can I find that? Gustaf.
Jul 24, 2007 18:48
Vote:

I don't think there is any way to do that with the EPiServer API. But it is easy to create a query or a stored procedure to clear the history. Find the ScheduledItem in tblScheduledItem, and delete all rows in tblScheduledItemLog with that ScheduledItemId. Regards HAXEN
Jul 26, 2007 9:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.