Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Possibility to add css classes to objects in the editor

Vote:

A customer of ours want to specify different css classes for different links. Ideally, it should be possible to specify the css class in the link tool - either selecting from a list of specified class names (adjustable for the web admins) or (less good) as free text. Of course, there should be no difference if the link is made as a separate web editor item or as a link in running text in the "large text" editor. Also, other editor elements (bold, image, table, ...) should have this possibility.
Feb 16, 2005 13:49
Vote:

As from EPiServer 4.40, you can specify a css class for an image in the image properties dialog. Access the dialog by right-clicking the image and selecting image properties, and then select among the existing img css classes from the dropdown list. We know that this would be convenient also for tables, table cells and links, so we are planning on introducing this functionality for these cases too. So, what you are asking for is definitely on our wish list and hopefully it wont be too long before the feature will be available. Best regards, Sarah Larsson EP - Product Developer
Feb 17, 2005 15:25
Vote:

This sounds promising. However, where do I add the css-classes which should be available for the image? How do I provide access to the css-classes? Currently, when I try to dedicate a class the dropdown-list is empty.
Mar 23, 2005 12:21
Vote:

You do this the same way you add predefined styles for text. EditMenuName is the "magic" tag. Example from editor.css: img.opacity { position: relative; EditMenuName: Semi transparent; filter: alpha(opacity=40,finishopacity=24,style=3); } The css-file is not updated when upgrading EPiServer, install a 4.41 version and check styles/editor.css. Anna
Mar 30, 2005 13:22
Vote:

Don't know what I did wrong, but this certainly works just fine. Thanks!
Apr 05, 2005 11:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.