Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Security in Admin Mode

Vote:

Hi there, I was wondering if there are any plans to further improve security to functions in EPiServer? For example being able to restrict access to different functions within the admin mode to different user groups. We have a client we are implementing EPiServer 4.50 Enterprise for and there is a requirement for individual website admins being able to manage users and rights for their website, but not have access to the full admin mode functionality. Obviously we can build something custom for this but are wondering if there are any plans to improve/refine the security access in EPiServer? Regards, Jeremy.
Sep 19, 2005 23:25
Vote:

Hi! I investigated this and we have been discusing a more function based security functionality for the admin mode. This is something that is a bit ahead so we don't have any plans to release any changes to this within the next year. I would guess that this is something that will be taken into consideration when designing EPiServer 5.
Sep 22, 2005 16:49
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.