Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Globalization - one editor per language

Vote:

It would be a very useful addition to the globalization functionality if you could assign different editors permissions to edit only one language branch either at the site level or if possible, at the page level. Unless I'm missing something obvious and this functionality already exists?
May 15, 2006 18:09
Vote:

I agree. I remember this also came up as a feature request in the Beta stage for 4.60. Has it been dropped or postponed? Frank :)
May 15, 2006 19:57
Vote:

No, the functionality does not exists. I've just begin to check how this could be solved. I think it should be quite simple: * Add a dynamic property (unique value per language), type string (or even better, a Custom Property Type, derived from string, that displayes all groups in a dropdown). * Create usergroups for each language and add the names of the groups to the dynamic properties. * Add an event handlder for SavingPage in global.asax.cs. * In the event handler, add functionality to check if the user is member of the group that is stored in the dynamic property. If not, set the CancelAction to true, and maybe display some sort of error message. All users will still have full access to view all pages' content in edit mode, they will only be blocked to save. As I stated above, this is just a thought...if anyone has a better idea, or has a complete solution, please submit it. ;) //a
May 15, 2006 20:22
Vote:

We already have this in our suggestion database, so we are aware of the need for this kind of functionality. Best regards, Sarah Larsson Product Developer, ElektroPost
May 19, 2006 10:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.