Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding pages without EPiServer Edit interface

Vote:

Let's say I have a page listing many articles, and I would like to add another article. I would REALLY like to RIGHT click a page, select 'Add new article', write my article and publish it. Esay as that. Doing that now, I am asked what page template I would like to use etc. Why? I'm already on a page listing articles - so the tempaltes are already selected for me. I just want to add another article without having to use the "complicated" interface in EPiServer. A pop-up interface for writing the article will offcourse be there. One have to write key words for the article, heading, abstract and full story somewhere. And maybe a picture or two.
Feb 01, 2007 10:30
Vote:

If the page you're on is of pagetype A, which only allow children of the type B (which you set up in admin), then you will not be asked about the page type when you right click and select New. It will open the "Quick-Edit" interface, and when you publish the page, it will be part of the list. Easy as that? :-) /Steve
Feb 01, 2007 12:19
Vote:

Both yes and no. If Pagetype A only has one choice, yes - I will not get requested which template to use. But often a pagetype will allow for more than one type of page. The trend towards publishing articles is the Wiki way. They simply wish to click a button (or link), enter the text and publish the article. For security reasons, we can assume that the user must be logged in and follows EPiServer roles for which pages he/she can edit/add new content. I believe that if EPiServer adapts towards the Wiki way of entering content, a lot more users wil find it easier to use.
Feb 28, 2007 14:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.