Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Show property descriptions in a better way

Vote:

Having a good editor experience is often a key-success factor. I believe that how property descriptions are shown could be improved.

Problems

• Many editors don't even know that these little help texts exists.
  • If you want to see the description the editor must hover the property name for x seconds before the description is shown.
  • Is it even possible to see the description on a touch-only device?

Possible solution

Having a small icon next to the property name or input field for those properties that have a description.
Clicking the icon shows the description immediately, hovering the icon shows the description with very little delay.

Oct 01, 2015 9:48
Vote:

It is possible to do something like this. Check out this blog post

Oct 01, 2015 10:11
Vote:

I know, I have considered that solution. But I'd like to have the EPiServer setup as "clean" as possible, minimizing customizations and add-ons, and having as few dependencies as possible. That way we can really be fast moving, not having to test every little feature after an EPi-upgrade.

Oct 01, 2015 10:30
Vote:

I can understand that. I guess it will be up to the UX team.

Oct 01, 2015 10:32
Vote:

The UX team agrees with you, but it comes down to priorities in the backlog.

However, you bringing it up makes it easier for us to argue for a higher priority. 

We always appreciate feedback (especially like this, well argued and well defined)!

/Jonas

Oct 02, 2015 9:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.