Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Specification Management

Vote:

Hi Everyone,

My company has roughly 30k part numbers. Because we're a B2B company, we sell many types of products with many various types of specifications. As such, we have more than 1,300 types of specifications and managing these fields in code just isn't practical.

My feature request is to add the ability to create meta classes, assign fields, then use those meta classes as a product content types in Episerver Catalog. Right now if you create a meta class in commerce manager and assign fields, under catalog management you can create and manage products with those new types. However, in Episerver Catalog these products don't work. You can't assign views, or Controllers to render these dynamic content types on the front end as far as I can tell. In Episerver Catalog, if a product is defined as using a dynamic meta type it doesn't appear as that meta type, it appears as, 'Variant/SKU'. The ability to create meta classes and use them as content types in Episerver Commerce to me seems half complete.

My feature request, is to have the ability to define meta classes and fields in Commerce Manager, and have the ability to create and manage those content types in Episerver Catalog. In addition, we should have the ability to assign a base class, or a controller/view to these meta classes so that the front end knows what template to render.

-Paul

May 05, 2016 23:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.