One of our client reported that when a page is printed from edit/preview mode then content of entire page is not printed.
I looked into the reason and and looks like the reason is content being loaded insode an iframe so print only captures content shown the screen withing iframe instead of entire content.
Would be keen to know if below scenario sounds reasonable to have this request as new feature in episerver to achieve this functionlaity:
Print content of a page from edit/preview mode prints all page content instead of content in focus for iframe.
Scenario when this feature is really beneficial:
1. Editor has made changes of a page content.
2. Would like to print it out or save it in pdf format.
3. Send out in an email to someone who is approver.
4. Use paper format for changes done in a meeting or presentation.
5. Approver does not have to bother about being loged in to edit mode to preview the change. Also no need to be aware of how episerver works in edit mode.
The scenario makes sense, and I have heard a couple of other requests for the same thing. In the meantime, if you want to play around with extending the editor this article might be helpful:
Thank you Martin.