Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The same folder selected in asset pane Episerver CMS

Vote:

It would be nice if the same folder for Blocks and Media could be selected in the asset pane. It is easier to switch between them.

Oct 18, 2017 9:10
Vote:

Could you elaborate? I don't really understand what it is you are suggesting. embarassed

Oct 18, 2017 14:58
Vote:

Adding a picture might help.

Oct 18, 2017 16:57
Vote:

I think what Morgan meant was that once you select a folder in Blocks tab and click on Media, that the same folder is selected in Media.

Currently, it is sticky, if you select one folder in Media and navigate yourself to Blocks, select another folder, when you navigate back to Media, the first one is selected. I know this wasn't the case in the first versions, once you select a folder in one place, when you navigate away, the selection is "forgotten".

Altogether, IMO, there should be two different folder trees for Media and Blocks and then this would not be an issue.

Oct 18, 2017 17:24
Vote:

Yes like Marija said, it would be nice if the same folder would be selected when you switch from blocks to media and the other way around.Select block

Select media

Perhaps something like this?

The same folder

Kind regards,

Morgan

Oct 19, 2017 11:13
Vote:

Sounds like something rather depending on how blocks and media is organized and not one solution that fits all. innocent

Oct 19, 2017 12:25
Vote:

I believe it's kinda confusing from UX perspective.

If it's two different trees, then it's no issue, since in that case, this works well (sticky selection).

Since it's one tree, then it makes sense to have the same selection, since it happens superb often that ex. I want to upload an image, go to Images/Hero images and then I realize I am in Blocks.

But instead of this suggestion, which might be a bit nitpicky, I think that in majority of cases, two different trees would be a better solution, even if some would be created twice.

Oct 19, 2017 13:26
Vote:

Hey, is it possible to configure default folder selected when we load editor interface. As of now UI context remember the last selected folder and next time you come to edit mode again, it will select that last time accessed folder.

In my case, I am using External content provider and last time accessed folder might be removed from cache on app restart and faild to load widget.

I believe there must be some way to define which folder or node will be selected by default.

Anyone has idea?

Mar 20, 2019 11:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.