Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PASS Portal Client Side UI Updates

Vote:

We have been using the PASS portal for deployments and there is one major frustration I have and that's the UI doesn't update correctly with the status. I know there's an email on the completion but I usually leave the deployment progress open in a window exactly as I did on Octopus in the old days to see how it's doing and what percentage it's at. 

Can we get it to that the updates to the deployment are shown via client script/api rather than having tor refresh the page

Mar 02, 2018 9:52
Vote:

Seconded, that would be really helpful, especially for the second part of the deploy that doesnt notify you when its swapped.

Mar 02, 2018 15:13
Vote:

Yes the final done not sending an email is also pretty annoying, feel free to upvote me now be have it :p

Mar 02, 2018 15:14
Vote:

@Scott Reed: PaaS portal UI is doing partial page updates every 30 seconds in order to show the deployment progress. Do you get any errors in the browser console?

@Ben Dean: What kind of notification would you like to get? An email or just in the portals UI?

Edited, Mar 07, 2018 14:10
Vote:

I don't see UI updates at all, I'll have to look for errors next time I deploy but all at the moment I just see the graphic that suggests updates but the information doesn't. I usually wait for an email then refresh the page. The email is helpful also for the first stage but when you click confirm and it finishes the deployment there's no email for it finished. In an ideal world I'd like to have the ability to setup a webhook so I can use Slack/MS Teams too.

Mar 07, 2018 14:39
Vote:

For me, i would like to have a more responsive UI so we can see deployment updates and to also see that a deployment is completed (right now when its complete, the in-progress message just disapears)

The second part of the deploy is much quicker than the first but it would be nice to have consistent notifications, maybe if the UI is more responsive then the email nifications could be an option on a per client basis?

Mar 07, 2018 16:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.