Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Forms - Error message placement when form submit fails (but validation is ok)

Vote:

Dear Episerver support,

We have built a form with Epi Forms that calls an external API on submit from an Actor. When all fields are filled correctly and validation succeeds both on client and server side, but the call to the API generates an error, we cancel the form submission by returning an ISubmissionActorResult object where CancelSubmit is true. This works fine, but the error message is displayed to the user at the top of the form on the webpage. For some forms it is difficult for users to know that something has happened, specifically when the top of the form is no longer visible on the webpage because the whole form does not fit on screen.

So, the feature request I have is that this message is moved to below the Submit button instead of above all form fields. This would be very good for larger forms and as I see it not a disadvantage for shorter forms.

If not the above, then another feature request would be to create a setting for editors or developers letting them decide if the message should be top or bottom.

I hope you take this into consideration for Epi Forms soon.

Regards,
David Södermark

Oct 23, 2019 16:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.