Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Backups of DXC databases and blobs from PaaS Portal

Vote:

Once in a while (sometimes more often), I find myself requesting backups of databases and blobs from a production site in Episerver DXC.

Currently I have to request those backups as a support case, but I would very much like to do that myself from the PaaS Portal. Same goes for the blob storage with media assets.

Maybe it could give me a short-term download link for the BACPAC files (like it does for log files). Maybe it could place the files in a blob container like service desk does now. Or maybe it could do something completely else.

Mar 26, 2019 6:30
Vote:

Hey Stefan,

I was fortunate enough to attend the Episerver Partner event in Sydney on February 19th 2019.

And this feature was mentioned as being on the technical roadmap.

I don't have any idea how far away it is, but I'd love to be able to grab an adhoc backup of Prod DB and Blobs to refresh my local environments.

Edited, Mar 26, 2019 7:40
Vote:

Yes there's also limited access to direct database access for Live as well as a read only replicated database on the horizon and API access to pass portal deployment hooks.

I think the best option is we get at least read only access to all envionrment via the Azure Storage Explorer and read access to all databases (or the read only replicated copy) then we can just use the tools we love to create them ourselves.

Mar 26, 2019 12:24
Vote:

Those are some really great news on the roadmap.

Thanks for the info, Darren and Scott.

Mar 27, 2019 13:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.