Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unpublish a project

Vote:

Recently we were working upon a translation project that requires us to create a project so that this can create a translation package that can be sent to a translation company.

During this process a user changed and published the project by accident.

Would it be possible to add a button that would allow us to revert / unpublish said changes?

Thanks 

Paul

Mar 28, 2019 16:38
Vote:

We're also interested in a feature for publishing/unpublishing a page and all pages below. Preferably, there should be a quick button for opening the "Expiration and Archiving"-window in the page context menu, and there being a checkbox in that window for applying changes to all child pages.

Mar 06, 2020 9:15
Vote:

Hey Paul

I tried to solve this problem with as little code as possible: https://www.david-tec.com/2020/04/unpublish-content-changed-when-using-episerver-projects/

Let me know if you think its of use!

David

Apr 02, 2020 8:06
Vote:

David, is it so that you are creating "undo" project aside by writing down versions of the items in original project? And so on unpublish event - you would be just "restoring" original content?

Apr 02, 2020 15:14
Vote:

Basically a new draft (A) is created when the content is added to the original project. Draft (B) is the current working draft and the one thats worked on in the original project. The undo project can then publish draft (A) so restore the content to its original state. Or maybe this diagram explains things better ;) 

Apr 02, 2020 15:30
valdis - Apr 02, 2020 16:23
How clever Mr!
valdis - Apr 02, 2020 16:24
I was thinking about solution to avoid draft creation.. But guess project needs to reference Draft
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.