Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add setting per order group to control whether to show prices including tax or not

Vote:

I request a setting on the order group that controls whether to show/calculate prices including tax or not. Right now we only have a setting named PricesIncludeTax, which determines if a price in Episerver is net or gross amount. In a site that targets both B2C and B2B customers, this setting is just not enough. Regardless if we import prices as net or gross prices, there will be a case where you want to show (calculate) the price the other way around. I can only assume that the lack of this setting forces a lot of developers to create their own implementations, while this could easily be part of the framework.

In essence, instead of just one setting PricesIncludeTax, I also want a setting ShowPricesIncludingTax which tells calculators to:

• Add sales tax if PricesIncludeTax == false and ShowPricesIncludingTax == true
  • Deduct sales tax if PricesIncludeTax == true and ShowPricesIncludingTax == false
  • Do nothing if PricesIncludeTax == ShowPricesIncludingTax

Edited, Mar 17, 2020 10:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.