Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export CMS pages along with LinkItemCollection items

Vote:

This is regarding an issue in export and import tool in Episerver Admin mode.

I am using Episerver Import/Export data tools to export data from a website and import them to another website.

However, every property could be imported as expected. But not the below LinkItemCollection property,

[CultureSpecific]
[Display(
  Name = "Resource files",
  Description = "Resource files",
  GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
  Order = 85)]
public virtual LinkItemCollection ResourceFiles { get; set; }

When I export and import the page to the website, each and every property comes to the website. But LinkItemCollection property items are not correctly imported (Such as PDfs, PNGs etc.).

I have made a support request (#508267) and as per the development team, this is by design. So It would be better if the Episerver export tool exports LinkItemCollection items. So, it will be a lot easier to migrate the CMS pages from site A to B.

Aug 25, 2020 10:54
Vote:

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on it and we have changed from "as design" to fix it.

Aug 25, 2020 18:40
- Aug 26, 2020 4:46
Vote:

Hey Shahram,

Any updates on when/if this will be fixed or implemented? Currently, we are in the process of doing a big export/import and are experiencing the same issues as Senura. I am currently having to manually go through and find wherever these LinkItemCollections are implemented and manually download and then upload the media assets and then go into each and every property and update them to point to it. You can imagine how cumbersome this can get with a large import. 

Thanks,

Sep 01, 2020 15:11
Vote:

Episerver has opened a bug for this issue - https://world.episerver.com/support/bug-list/bug/CMS-16315

Note: This bug mentions about PropertyLinkCollection and I asked Episerver whether this bug actually relevant to the LinkItemCollection issue that I have posted here. They have stated that the PropertyLinkCollection is backing type for LinkItemCollection. They are related so issue will get solved in LinkItemCollection.

Sep 01, 2020 15:21
Chaz - Sep 01, 2020 15:24
Wonderful thank you! Hopefully, this gets implemented soon!
- Apr 29, 2021 7:09
Update: As per the opened bug (CMS-16315), this is now fixed and shipped with 'EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.20.0' :)
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.