Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems using Office integration

Vote:

I'm getting an errormessage in office (word/excel/and other office applications) telling me that I either have the wrong URL or the wrong permission to perform this action. The errormsg is also stamped with a "[200]" which probably is the error code. I click the "Publish to EPiServer" button, then I choose the site from a list. I add username/password, and the message described above pops up. This is an EPiServer 4.61 installation with Office Integration 1.4. I have admin rights on the user. Could this be a firewall problem?
Oct 18, 2006 14:24
Vote:

I get exactly the same problem with the same version of EPiServer 4.61 and Office Integration 1.4. The only difference being that my error code is [500]. Anyone know what's going one here?
Dec 19, 2006 14:41
Vote:

It is most likely that you need to activate the Office Plug-in for the corresponding group or user in Admin/Config/Permissions for Functions. Add the group/user by clicking Edit next to "View and publish pages from Microsoft Office add-in".
Dec 19, 2006 17:35
Vote:

Thanks René. That did it.
Dec 20, 2006 7:32
Vote:

I have encountered the same problem, however I have checked the permissions to view and publish from the add-in and all looks good. I am running EPiServer 4.61 with Add-in 1.4. I'm publishing from Office 2007 (however the files are 2003 .doc format). I have published to another website using Office 2007 without any problems. I get two errors, the first: "failed to contact episerver, make sure the url is valid and you are authorized to perform this action [500]" and once I hit ok, the second: "a error occured while the converted information was saved to EPiServer" Interestingly the page still gets created at the correct location within the site, however there is no body content present Are there any other things that could be causing this error?
Mar 21, 2007 3:04
Vote:

I have encountered the same problem, however I have checked the permissions to view and publish from the add-in and all looks good. I am running EPiServer 4.61 with Add-in 1.4. I'm publishing from Office 2007 (however the files are 2003 .doc format). I have published to another website using Office 2007 without any problems. I get two errors, the first: "failed to contact episerver, make sure the url is valid and you are authorized to perform this action [500]" and once I hit ok, the second: "a error occured while the converted information was saved to EPiServer" Interestingly the page still gets created at the correct location within the site, however there is no body content present Are there any other things that could be causing this error? Thanks
Mar 21, 2007 3:04
Vote:

Rachel, do you have any code that is executing on the ImportedPage or ImportingPage events? If so, it's quite possible that an exception is being thrown in the code, causing this response. If you do have code hooked up to these events then you might want to try debugging or adding some logging to see what is happening. --Jeremy.
Mar 22, 2007 1:53
Vote:

Yes code is executing on these events. The OnPageImporting event fires and completes without any problems. The other events never fire (OnPageImported, OnPageSaving, OnPageSaved).
Mar 23, 2007 0:04
Vote:

I have resolved the problem - thanks Jeremy for pointing me in the right direction. There were two issues - After looking through the logs I found a problem with trying to load up one of the custom filters in my solution. Resolved that. The issue was still occuring but no log errors, but after more debugging found an issue trying to read an xml node within another filter. Resolved that and all working. Thanks again.
Mar 23, 2007 3:36
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.