Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Anonymous User

Vote:

I have noticed that all EPiServer sites have a user called "Anonymous" in the database that is a built-in account. I was wondering what this account is used for as it has shown up a few times in the version list for some pages. I am a bit confused as to why the "Anonymous" user is showing up next to some previously published versions of pages in the site. Does anyone know what this account is for and why it shows up in this list? Could it be that the user that originally published the page has been deleted and EPiServer reverts to showing Anonymous where that user would have been? Cheers, Jeremy.
Feb 28, 2006 1:33
Vote:

If you have a public website most visitors are anonymous, the account is used for that purpose. It is possible to build implementation were an anonymous user can edit pages and thous show up in version list. But if that is not the case your idea about a deleted publisher makes sense. Let us know! /HAXEN
Feb 28, 2006 9:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.