Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installation behind a firewall?

Vote:

I know I've seen this somewhere, but can't find it now... I get the following error when trying to install EPiServer with EPiServer Manager 1.1: "Cannot connect to installation server. If you are using a proxy, turn it off during installation." I am behind a firewall, and no, we have no proxy in the way here. Regards, /Patrik
Mar 22, 2006 16:42
Vote:

Is it possible to browse the internet from the computer were you run the manager? On produktion servers it's not uncommon that that is ability is closed. One other thing could be that the ability to usea SSL(HTTPS) is not enabled. The manager uses SSL in it's comunication. It has happend that the download server doesn't respond, nut not often. /HAXEN
Mar 23, 2006 8:18
Vote:

Yes, it's my own development workstation, and I'm currently writing this from that computer, which I suppose is a good proof that it can access internet ;) HTTPS isn't a problem from this computer either. We run MS ISA-server, which is configured to allow all outgoing traffic from all internal sources regardless if the user is authenticated or not, and my computer has the ISA Firewall Client installed (not that it makes a difference whether the firewall client is disabled or not). I guess I'll have to try to connect my computer directly to the internet and try to install it then and see if that works... /Patrik
Mar 24, 2006 15:11
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.