Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to use the SDK

Vote:

When I try to use the SDK I get "Action cancelled" in the right pane. According to the 'Download EpiServer Page' this is due to som Windows Update. Heres what it says: Note After the installation of Microsoft security update MS05-026 (KB896358), CHM help file topics may not display correctly if the help file was downloaded from Internet. Instead, an error message such as "Action canceled" or "DNS error" is displayed. This affects EPiServer SDK when downloaded to a computer with this security update. So I guess i have this Security thing on my computer. Can I uninstall it (probably not recommended) or is there any other way I can go around the problem so that I can look at the SDK?
May 29, 2006 16:42
Vote:

Find your .chm file on disk (it has to be placed on _your_ computer, not on the network.) Right click the file, select properties and you'll see a security warning in the bottom part of the properties dialog. Click "Ublock", and you're good to go. /Steve
May 29, 2006 18:27
Vote:

Thx Steve! Actually it was enough just to move it to my computer. I never saw the security warning. Anyhow - it works now. Thx again!
May 31, 2006 13:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.