Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Difference between Admininstrator and webadmins

Vote:

What is the difference between the two roles Webadmins and Administrator in EPiServer.
Jun 12, 2006 11:16
Vote:

If you mean "Administrators", that is the local Windows group, WebAdmins is an EPiServer group. So, local administrators won't need an EPiServer account in order to log in, and to access /admin for an example. Good thing if you lose your password. /Steve
Jun 12, 2006 13:03
Vote:

No, I mean the Administrator in EPiServer.
Jun 12, 2006 16:16
Vote:

There is no Administrator in EPiServer, as far as I know. That would be the local Administrator account on the server, which is automatically created in EPiServer if you log in with it. /Steve
Jun 13, 2006 8:30
Vote:

If you read the administrators manual. On page 9, you see 4 different groups Administrators, web admins, web editors and everyone. And in the information about Administrators is says that this is the Website "super" administrators. and in the information about Web Admins is says that this is the Website administrators. What is the difference between Website "super" administrators and Website administrators?
Jun 14, 2006 9:59
Vote:

Ok, you wrote "Administrator", I got confused :-) Administrators is the Windows group. Everyone that is a member of that one will get access to /admin and /edit by default (because of the directory settings in web.config). And with these rights, you can go to /admin, and basically do everything (including creating new users.) Web Admins is an EPiServer group, from which all members also have access to edit and admin. BUT - in contrast to members of the Windows Administrator group - you need an EPiServer user account to log in. Apart from that, the users can do very much the same, regarding EPiServer. Think of the Administrators group as a rescue when you forget the password for your epiadmin account (or whatever you call your episerver administrative account.)
Jun 14, 2006 21:35
Vote:

Ok. Thank you
Jun 15, 2006 10:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.