Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrading from 4.60 to 4.61

Vote:

when upgrading from 4.60 to 4.61, can we do a upgrade in our development system and only deploy the new files to our test environments? Are there any database changes made exept a database version number update? If so, which changes are made. Exception: "EPiServer 4.61.0.83 can only be used with database version 96, current version is 95. Make sure both database and assemblies are upgraded correctly." Can we simply change that number to make it work? Brgds /Kalle
Jun 30, 2006 16:10
Vote:

We have found out that at least the netSidSearch and the sp_databaseversion stored procedure is changed. It is very important that EPiServer informs about database upgrades in the release notes. Because of this crappy release notes, EPiServer has created large problem for us. :-( How to implement the upgrade differs if you have database changes or not, depending on environment setup. EPiServer should have knowledge about that. Sorry if I upset somebody, but I'm really pissed off.
Jul 03, 2006 13:26
Vote:

I'm sorry that you are pissed off, but with an upgrade I think it is expected that the dll's and dB are upgraded. But if something goes wrong when you are upgrading and things are not upgraded correctly you are more than welcome to contact our support and they will help you with your problems.
Jul 03, 2006 14:30
Vote:

No you should not just upgrade the number. Did you use the manager to upgrade the site? Did it fail to upgrade the site? If so, send a problem description to the episerver support.
Jul 03, 2006 14:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.