Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error during installation of EPiServer ver 4.61

Vote:

Hi all! I try to install(complete new installation) of ver 4.61. All steps works fine to the part where you choose language and install templates. I choose swedish and swedish templates. Then after some seconds the installation chrash. error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. stack trace: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] EPiServer.ConfigFileSettings.ᐃ() +69 EPiServer.ConfigFileSettings.ᐂ() +87 EPiServer.ConfigFileSettings.SetAppSetting(String name, String val) +21 EPiServer.ApplicationConfiguration.Persist() +373 EPiServer.Admin.Setup.DoSetup(Object sender, EventArgs e) +700 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292 Has anyone on this forum experience the same error and can give som hint how to solve this error. Best regards Per-Erik-
Sep 14, 2006 16:55
Vote:

I got the same error with a fresh demo installastion of 4.61. Looks like it gets an erro while saving web.config. Any hints ? lars
Jan 03, 2007 16:20
Vote:

Hi. It is because you have an enterprise license and the web.config is missing the enterprise section. E.g. The installation is trying to write to this section in web.config and cannot find it and throws the error message. Add the following configuration handler and enterprise section to web.config immediately after the opening tag.
See the technote Configuring EPiServer Enterprise Edition for further information. http://www.episerver.com/downloads/Documents/TechNotes/EPiServer%204.61/9.%20Enterprise/Configuring%20EPiServer%20Enterprise%20Edition.pdf
Jan 04, 2007 9:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.