Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

installation problem

Vote:

Hello! I know this might be a case for contacting support directly but ill post it here first if anyone had the same experience. Im trying to install EPiServer (for the first time) and im using SQLExpress database (also tried SQl 2005 database) and cant get it to work. the time i got furthest I got a upgrade.log file that showed this: ### EPiServer 4 InstallPackageManager 4.61.1.83 started at 2006-08-30 23:21:59 ### Copyright © 1997-2006 ElektroPost Stockholm AB. All Rights Reserved. Running a transacted installation. Beginning the Install phase of the installation. Opening database connection An exception occurred during the Install phase. System.Exception: Failed to connect to SQL database: Login failed for user 'jose3'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The inner exception System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown with the following error message: Login failed for user 'jose3'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.. The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning. An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the ᐇ installer. System.ArgumentException: The savedState dictionary does not contain the expected values and might have been corrupted. An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete. The Rollback phase completed successfully. The transacted install has completed. I have read the forum about sqlexpress installation (i have given remote access to the server and changed compability level to 8.0 on the database). I have tried many times with different settings, new and old SQl users, New and old databases etc. I just cant get it to work. any tip on how to do or do i have to use SQl server 2000?
Sep 04, 2006 14:38
Vote:

just want to add that I now often also get the error message "The confirmation password is not correct" when clicking next on the SQl step using Excisting Database and excisting user that is db owner.
Sep 04, 2006 15:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.