Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 4.61 install fails once, but not again

Vote:

Hi, I was performing an install this morning of the latest online version of EPiServer 4.61 on Windows XP SP2 running inside a VMWare virtual machine. I've installed on this machine several times before, but occasionally it likes to throw me the following error, right at the end of the installer during the phase "Running assembly installer for /bin/MILHTMLParser.dll". The error produced is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. If I re-run the installer then the problem does not reappear. However, of course, this time I'm not creating a database. Cheers, Andy
Jan 08, 2007 11:49
Vote:

Hi. This problem is due to a known bug with EPiServer Manager 1.3.1. 0045529: The manager throws an excpetion if installed under an existing site and not supplying a virtual directory To get around the bug you need to let the Manager create the site (right click on "local computer") or install in a virtual directory.
Jan 08, 2007 15:04
Vote:

I've seen this error message a couple of times, even when installing EPiServer as a separate site in IIS (using EPiServer Mangager v 1.3).
Jan 11, 2007 16:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.