Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Login problems

Vote:

Hi, I have a problem with the login of EPiServer. I can login with all accounts that are member of the original groups (Administrator, WebEditors and WebAdmins). But when I create a new group, or give the useraccount special rights it won't login in the admin or edit part (I am however allowed to quickedit a page). I have given the new group exactly the same rights as Administrator. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this? I'm working with version 4.61 thx Jos
Jan 31, 2007 12:45
Vote:

Jos, You can do one of two things: 1. In your web.config, add your groups to the location elements for admin and edit: The admin section is shown above, note that the path may vary. You may need to do the same for edit, also. 2. Make your users members of WebAdmins and WebEditors as well as your groups. Ideally, the WebEditors and WebAdmins groups shouldn't have rights to any pages - these should be assigned by your groups and the WebAdmins, WebEditors groups should just be used to control access to edit / admin modes. I think the reason these groups have access rights in the sample site is just to make it easier to configure Hope this helps, Mark
Jan 31, 2007 14:55
Vote:

Hi Mark, Thanks! Both solutions work and this gives me a better idea of what to do with WebEditors and WebAdmins. Jos
Jan 31, 2007 15:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.