Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forms Authentication against Active Directory, can't get it to work

Vote:

I'm trying to get forms authentication against an active directory to work on a standard EPiServer site. For instance, I've set up a group under Administer groups, as described in the document "Security in EPiServer", domain\group. I've then given this group access rights to the whole site, I've also removed the Everyone-group so that you have to be a member of a certain group to get access to the site, hope this is the correct way to do this? The problem occurs when I then try to login with a user account connected to the previous group. I get pass the login screen but then get an error message saying "Access was denied to page 3" which is our start page, even though the group that the user belongs to has access to the whole site. I also see that the user appears under "Search User/Group" with domain\userid so the user is authenticated against the active directory and added to EPiServer in a correct way. Does anyone have suggestions to where I can go now? Things to check, things to do? Have I done anything wrong in my short description above? Best regards /Martin
Mar 07, 2007 12:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.