Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing EPiServer 4.61 on XP - a few GOTCHAs

Vote:

Installing EPiServer on XP required us to jump through quite a few hoops in order to get everything working. Most of these are detailed in the online installation documentation, but here are a few issues that cost us a lot of time: Win XP only offers IIS 5.1, which has a restriction of only one website. This isn't too useful for developing, so download "IISAdmin.net 1.1" (just search Google to find it) This will allow you to create multiple EPiServer websites. Next, make sure you disable your Windows "Guest" user account, as you may not be able to login as an admin user to complete the setup process if this account is active. If you installed IIS after you installed .Net / Visual Studio etc, you may get a red error message when you try and run EPiServer. To fix this you need to register ASP 2.0 with IIS. You do this by opening a command prompt at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxxx\ and then running : aspnet_regiis.exe -i When running SQL 2000, we found that creating a brand new database user for each EPiServer install was advisable too. When we tried to use an existing DB user we ran into problems. I'm not sure if that was related to XP though. Hopefully this post will help someone out! /\dam
May 23, 2007 13:20
Vote:

Thanks a lot! I was struggling with the login issue cuased by the GUEST account for quite a while. Your post saved the day! You would think that this GOTCHA would be included in the installation instructions!
Nov 25, 2007 14:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.