Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ok how fo I install?

Vote:

Hu, I've gone to the download section to install new latest release and a little confused. Which package is the actual server, which version do I run... some say major some say minor. Step 1 of installation instructions is: 1) Install EPiServer Manager according to the installation wizard. What installation wizard? Am I missing something? I've tried running the EPiServer Manager 1.3.2 installer and it keeps saying I need .Net 2.0.50727 installed but the link to do this is broken and I already have this version installed. Any ideas?
Jul 20, 2007 12:49
Vote:

Ok so Episerver Manager downloads and installs the latest release. Next issue... I'm unable to complete the install process. I'm running on XP with a named instance of SQL Server 2000. I also have SQL Server 2005 installed, but not running. The closest I can get is with new user, new database selected. Occasionally this makes it as far as creating the database and downloading files, but then it rolls back at the end with a SQL permissions error. Most of the time I just get the following misleading error message: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Does anyone know how to get around this?
Jul 23, 2007 15:22
Vote:

Make sure you specify the named instance (e.g. COMPUTERNAME\sqlinstance) during the installation. Make sure you have enabled TCP/IP protocol for SQL Server (Client Network Utility for 2000, SQL Configuration Manager for 2005). Make sure you have the SQL Browser service running See these FAQ's (requires Knowledge Center login): http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/FAQ_EPiServer_4/905/921/ http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/FAQ_EPiServer_4/1010/Problems_with_remote_connections_in_SQL_2005_Express/
Jul 24, 2007 13:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.