Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ClearTrust in EPiServer CMS5

Vote:

In EPiServer 4.6x there was an authentication provider for ClearTrust. In CMS 5 authentication providers have been replaced by membership and role providers - but I can only find (documentation on) the SQL and Windows variants. Where are the ClearTrust classes?
Nov 11, 2008 14:01
Vote:

I'm guessing you will have to create your own membership and role provider. (Or google to find someone who has allready created an ClearTrust provider)

Read more about providers here:
http://sdk.episerver.com/library/CMS5/Developers%20Guide/Membership%20and%20Role%20Providers.htm?id=24871

Nov 12, 2008 7:23
Vote:

Seems weird though as ClearTrust integration is one of the features listed in the sales materials for CMS5...
Nov 12, 2008 11:33
Vote:

So I heard after I posted above... Anyone from EPiServer who can give an answer?
Nov 13, 2008 7:59
Vote:

We did not build any special RSA ClearTrust-support in EPiServer CMS 5. If it says so on our sites somewhere we will need to adjust this.

When building version 5 we decided to use the standard .NET Provider model which should mostly eliminate the need to do anything special for EPiServer to get SSO to work. Very few have also asked for it so we have not put it in the product backlog. If it is a need to do a more EPiServer-specific implementation, we will though add it as a new request.

We are sorry for the confusion around this and we will try to adjust the material on our web sites.

Roger Wirz
Product Manager

Nov 17, 2008 12:50
Vote:

We didn't have the time to wait for an official implementation so we've created one ourselves.
Jan 07, 2009 16:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.