Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

WebDAV access

Vote:

Hi,

One of my clients has requested that we set up WebDAV access during the build-up of their new site (lots of images to upload). The WebDAV access will be on interal staging environment only.

I've followed the installation steps on my local environment, but I have never been able to log on.. There was a patch to install and also a registry fix but none of those steps solved the issue.

If I remove the <deny users="*" /> attribute I am able to map the network drive but I don't have write access.

Any tips to lead me forward on this? If I just want access on a few days I can live with full access for everyone and then remove all webdav configuration 

Best regards,

Peter

Nov 20, 2008 12:01
Vote:

Never mind, I go for the advanced file upload component instead =)
Nov 20, 2008 15:08
Vote:

We get the very same problem on a site running CMS 5.1.422.256. Configured the server and the client as per instructions here:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-5/EPiServer-CMS-SP2/WebDAV-in-EPiServer-CMS-5/

Can only get read-only access for a WebDAV folder when <deny users="?"> is removed (anonymous logon). This is not an option as our client obviously needs protection for the web folder. Tried BasicAuthentication, tried NetDrive and BitKinex clients but cannot get user authentication working. We always get 401 Unauthorized.

Are there any settings to EPiServer.WebDAV that we may try?

Jul 30, 2010 19:46
Vote:

Did you guys ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue. Works in read-only mode when removing <deny users="*" /> but cannot get it to work with either windows or sql membership provider accounts.

I know basic auth is working correctly on my site as I am using on the webservices folder for security.

Sep 03, 2012 17:52
Vote:

Adam, did you ever solve it?

I've got <deny users="?" />, and it's working in read-only mode, however, I can't get write-access to work.

Oct 08, 2012 13:06
Vote:

Check if standard WebDAVModule is enabled on your IIS site. It can overlap with other modules that uses OPTIONS and PUT and you may get different kind of errors depending on the client.

Please see this blog post for more details and debug techniques.

Edited, Oct 08, 2012 18:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.