Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error installing SP2 on fresh XP machine

Vote:

Hi, I am having an issue when installing CM5 SP2 on a fresh XP machine. All the files seem to download ok but then when the installer tries to Install the EPiServer assemblies, for every assembly I am getting,

No public installers with the RunInstallerAttribute.Yes attribute could be found in the C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ElektroPost.Licensing\5.1.422.256__8fe83dea738b45b7\ElektroPost.Licensing.dll assembly.

I think it is a simmilar problem that someone elsejust logged. I have .NET 3.0 and 3.5 installed on the dev machine - Could this be an issue?

Any help greatly appreciated

Mike

May 29, 2008 15:56
Vote:

ES Gurus...Any help on this issue would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Mike

Jun 05, 2008 23:53
Vote:

Hi!
There is a bug that causes the Manager installation to fail if you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. For solution, see this post:

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=17645&epslanguage=en

Jun 06, 2008 8:19
Vote:

Mari,

This does not seem to be the problem. I've even uninstalled 3.5 and re-installed 3.0.

Any other suggestions - I really need to get this going as we have a demo with a client in 1 week.

Any help greatly appreciated

Mike

Jun 12, 2008 22:34
Vote:

Hi,

Are you using the latest EPiServer CMS Manager? (2.0.19.18)

Try to temporarily remove both 3.5 and 3.0 folders, (copy them to for example the desktop, if success, copy back - Needed for me in an early version of the cms 5 manager)
Also install .net 1.1 (not sure it matters in this case)

Alternative, try the sdk installation kit and create the site directly in visual studio.

--Per

Jun 12, 2008 23:48
Vote:

Per,

Thanks for the e-mail. Non of the folder moves work. I even installed Windows Server 2003 into a VM and then tried the install and I got exactly the same thing. I literally install the OS, IIS, SQL 2005, .NET 3.0, and then try to install EPiServer. I am getting exactly the same error. I am using CMS 2.0.19.8 (I assume your 18 was a typo )

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Jun 14, 2008 18:04
Vote:

Per,

I have a site running from going through Visual Studio. How can I  install the demo site on top of this. I have published the site and then used ES Manager to install the demo module but this does not work. I guess I need some stuff from the publictemplate.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Jun 15, 2008 14:14
Vote:

Hi Mike,

You can download the demo templates from here. Then just add them to your prodject and rebuild the solution.

/Petter

Jun 16, 2008 8:10
Vote:

ok, will try this. A few other things:

1) Where can I get the demo DB content from? Is there a script I can run to populate this?

2) What actually is the installer trying to do when this error occurs - I would really liek to get to the bottomo of the issue as I would like to do this as part of the demo. It seems strange it is failing on both versions of the OS? If I know what its trying to do, I might be able to troubleshoot it?

Cheers

Mike

Jun 16, 2008 10:42
Vote:

Sorry,one other thing...the demotemplates install instructions tells you to include the publictemplates as well - Do I need to do this or do I have everything I need from the VS setup?

Cheers

Mike

Jun 16, 2008 10:51
Vote:

Hi Mike,

Yes you need to install the public templates too.

I think you have two alternatives/workaround until we solve your root problem with the installer.,

1. You switch over from VS casini to iis web server, by this faq:
http://world.episerver.com/FAQ/Items/How-do-I-switch-my-developer-site-from-using-Casini-Web-server-to-IIS/
Then use EPiServer CMS Manager to intall the public and Demo Templates.

2. Or you copy the public and demo files to into your project and modify web.config accordingly (e.g. compare with the web.configs that come with the templates). Also in the folder <templatezip>/util/setup there are packages that you can import in admin mode which would give you the demo pages.
If you haven't specified the start page in web.config and go to your site, you will see the same "setup page" that is shown when the EPiServer Manager has finished installed an EPiServer site.

This second option is more tricky and I haven't tried it myself.

Regards Per

Jun 17, 2008 9:15
Vote:

Per,

I've tried the options and got a half working site now. The main page comes up but non of the links work (Page not found) so it seems urlrewriting appears to be broken? I have spen a lot of time on this as I thought it would be a good way to learn version 5 but its just becoming too time consuming now.

Do you have a working DemoSite that you could zip up together with the database and then I could try and get it going from that because at the moment, I am getting a bit frustrated!

Also, I have this installation on VMWare - Would it be worth sending it to yo uso you can check out the CMS Manager installation issue or do you have any more thoughts on troubleshooting this as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Mike

Jun 29, 2008 22:05
Vote:

hi,

I'll suggest you contact our Developer Support department, world.episerver.com/supportform, and they will be able to troubleshoot this for you. Refer to this thread.

Also, we have an virtual PC image of EPiServer CMS 5 R1 that can be downloaded at
http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/Version-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R1/Virtual-Images---EPiServer-CMS-R1/

Regards Per

Jun 30, 2008 13:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.