Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Follow the Episerver book

Vote:

I want to install the example-site that you are supposed to mimick in chapter 4 of the Episerver book.

The problem is that I don't know what to download to start the installation or what to do then.

I have managed to install CMS 5 in Visual Studio, but that doesn't install the examplesite as I understand.

I have tried to download SDK and Epsiserver manager,  but is still confused. I wanted a file I could click on and the Episerver would be installed and also the examplesite.

Please help!

Aug 11, 2008 12:40
Vote:

If you use the episerver manager, you will get an option to install the public template package. Is that what you are looking for??
Aug 11, 2008 15:32
Vote:

I'm not sure. It says in the book that you shall install Episerver and as a last step create the example web site.
Aug 11, 2008 15:49
Vote:

Yup. If you use the manager to install EPiServer, the last step will give you the option to finish the installation, or to continue with installing the public template package.

If you are reffering to the Developing solutions with EPiServer book, it was written for EPiServer 4 not 5. Unless there's a new book out there :)  So, the steps might not match the book.

Aug 12, 2008 9:26
Vote:

Well, I tried the 4.6 version since the book had that. I solved the database-problem (thank you!).

But now Episerver starts to install and then I get a message that it has been rolledback.

It says "not set to a reference of an object". But what object???

Aug 12, 2008 13:59
Vote:

Is that the whole error message? :-D Not much to work with hehehe   

Did you solve the problem or are you still unable to install episerver?  

Aug 25, 2008 12:42
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.