Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrading 4.61 to 4.62

Vote:

Hey fellow episervians

I'm a developer and i need to upgrade a site from episerver v4.61 to v4.62.

I would prefer not to upgrade the site by using the episerver manager, because i have very limited access to the production environment, and frankly, i don't trust that application one bit.

Any pointers? artikles? anything?

Thanks in advance.
/Martin

Aug 26, 2008 12:41
Vote:

First of all you have to get an sql script from EPiServer that uppgrades your database.

Make an epmty install with the manager on your own computer. Copy the files needed for episerver to your old site. (for exampel Bin, Util, WebServices, edit, admin.....) If you manage to get all the right files it should work.

Aug 26, 2008 21:47
Vote:

Ok, thanks. i'll try that.

/martin

Sep 01, 2008 15:13
Vote:

Hi,

The EPiServer Manager downloads the sql upgrade scripts to your computer. Usually saved in c:\Program Files\EPiServer4\Download\Upgrade

I would read the release notes and see what differences that has been made. Usually it is enough to replace the dll files and change assembly redirect numbers in web.config. But as Marcus says, there can be files in Util, edit, admin etc that could be updated.

Also, with the Manager you can create an offline upgrade package, read about it here:

http://world.episerver.com/en/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-4/EPiServer-462/EPiServer-Installation-Instructions/#Upgrade%20EPiServer%20Installation%20Online

/Per

Sep 01, 2008 16:18
Vote:

Hi

I´m manually upgrading fopm 4.61 to 4.62.

<First of all you have to get an sql script from EPiServer that uppgrades your database.> 

Where can I find this script?

(It´s not in c:\Program Files\EPiServer4\Download\Upgrade)

/Markus

Edited, Oct 30, 2008 10:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.