Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Install different versions on same server

Vote:

Hi

Will I run into problems if I install an additional site with CMS version 5.2.375.236 on a server currently running CMS version 5.2.375.133?

Nov 10, 2009 11:54
Vote:

Nope. Those versions should work great side by side :)

Nov 17, 2009 15:02
Vote:

When contacting the hosting company they say that there is no deployment manager to be found on the server, it seems to have been removed for unclear reasons.

How can a new deployment manager be installed on the server without causing any disruption or down time for the current site?

Dec 18, 2009 11:59
Vote:

Installing the deployment manager and just installing the Application files should not cause any down time for the current site. Not sure how the installer behaves if the EPiServer files are on the server before running the installer. (try it on your computer)

Overwriting the EPiServer files is the only impact the installation might have on the running site(s). And that only impacts the admin/edit/util files. No guaranties given, but personaly I would go ahead with the installation.

Dec 18, 2009 12:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.