Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Newly created EPiServer site error

Vote:

I just created an EPiServer site with database on my local machine and everything went smooth.

But when I browse my site, I receive a

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /default.aspx

How would I fix this issue? Looking at the site's directory, there's no default.aspx.

Apr 05, 2011 3:24
Vote:

I was able to make it work by Installing all The public templates via the Deployment Centre.

- Module Files

- Import English Content and redefine Start Page

- Import Globalized Content and redefine Start Page

Would this be the correct resolution?

Apr 05, 2011 4:48
Vote:

The empty site should have loaded default.htm instead (I suppose there's something "wrong" with the IIS default document settings), which simply displays a mesage that the site is empty.

By installing the public templates you install both templates (aspx:es) as well as define page types and some example content.

Is it correct? Well, that depends on what you want to do :) It is probably fairly common, at least for beginners, to install the public templates and then start modifying that project (look in the web root, it has installed a visual studio project containing the page templates etc).

Apr 05, 2011 9:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.