Jan 27, 2009
(1 votes)

Windows Live Writer, EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP1 and enableXmlRpcHeader


Last friday we updated our site to EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP1! We missed  a few things and therefore the blog module stopped working for a couple of days. But thanks to Magnus Paulsson and his blog post we have fixed that issues today and it should now work like it always has. :)

Just follow our guidelines and you should be up and running in no time! :)

If you experience the same problem that we did when upgrading your site to SP1, you should look for a tag at the blog pages source code, view source in your browser…

   1: "EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" href=… title="edit uri" />

If you cant find this tag you will have to insert a new property in you site section in web.confg.

<siteSettings enableXmlRpcHeader="true" .../>

That is all! Now your blog module should start working again. :)

Have a nice day! :)

Jan 27, 2009


Please login to comment.
Latest blogs
IDX21323 - RequireNonce is true, Nonce was null

We have multiple clients configured with Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Entra) for requiring authentication when accessing their website. The...

David Drouin-Prince | Oct 1, 2023 | Syndicated blog

Minimum Detectable Effect in Optimizely Web Experimentation

Understanding Minimum Detectable Effect Minimum Detectable Effect (MDE) is a core statistical calculation in Optimizely Web Experimentation. In...

Matthew Dunn | Oct 1, 2023 | Syndicated blog

Configured Commerce - Introduction to Long-Term Support (LTS) Releases

First off, for those who have not had a chance to meet me yet, my name is John McCarroll, and I am the Technical Product Manager for the Optimizely...

John McCarroll | Sep 29, 2023

Auto-translate with OpenAI in Optimizely CMS

You can now auto-translate content using your favorite online AI service, inside the old trustworthy Episerver.Labs.LanguageManager!

Tomas Hensrud Gulla | Sep 29, 2023 | Syndicated blog