Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Globalization: how to get identical content in two languages?

Vote:

In the olden days, when we had one Swedish content tree and one English content tree, there were a few pages where we used the function "Fetch data from page in EPiServer CMS" to allow an English page to display the Swedish content.

How do I get the same functionality in a globalized site? I still want the English page to display the same content as the Swedish page (not a copy of it), and I don't want to discard the globalization functionality by creating multiple pages?

Feb 23, 2010 12:07
Vote:

You could perhaps use the replacement or fallback language functions in EPiServer CMS. You can set a replacement or fallback language for these pages, and set Swedish as the replacement language. This way the Swedish page/content will be displayed. These functions are described in the EPiServer CMS Editors Manual found here: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Manuals/

Feb 23, 2010 12:33
Vote:

Or you can make your own implementation of
PropertyDataCollection.GetHandler

One that if you fetch data from a page that is in another language it gives you that language values

Feb 25, 2010 12:03
Vote:

Something to take in considiration is that if you have mulitple pages with the same content but with diffrent addreses you might be in trouble when google start to index your site. Google and other search engines might consider your site having dublicate content and that is not so good.

/Eric

Mar 09, 2010 9:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.