Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Edit Block Search Not Working

Vote:

Hi,

I cannot get the block/media search in the right bar of the cms in edit mode to work. It currently returns no results regardless of the search parameter.

I recently upgraded my project to 7.5.409 however I am not certain that this is a contributing factor.

The json request made on text change is as follows:

{host}/EPiServer/shell/Stores/searchresults/?parameters=%7B%22filterOnDeleted%22%3Atrue%7D&filterOnCulture=false&searchRoots=3%2C1208&providerId=EPiServer_Cms_Shell_Search_BlockSearchProvider&searchQuery={searchParameter}&dojo.preventCache=1389872965451

The response is always "{}&&[]" no matter what the searchParameter is entered.

Any ideas how this should be resolved?

Jan 16, 2014 13:23
Vote:

Hi,

were you able to figure this out.. I have the same exact problem. Always getting no results and the response is also {host}/EPiServer/cms/Stores/contentstructure/?queryText={searchParameter}&query=searchcontent&allLanguages=true&contentSearchAreas=CMS%2Fblocks&searchRoots=3%2C57&maxResults=1000&filterDeleted=true

ALso not only the search for the Blocks and media doesnt work, also search for pages in the tree give the same behavior.. 

I'm using the latest EPiServer 8 updates..

Do i need to do something else to make this work?

Apr 28, 2015 9:50
Vote:

never mind... i found my answer here:http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=71532

Needed to install the EPiServer Search and modify some stuff like mentioned in the thread

Apr 28, 2015 10:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.