Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Getting started with TinyMCE editor configuration

Vote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to customise the TinyMCE editor within EPiServer. Largely it's just configuring stuff that I'd normally consider default such as tables and I want to use the same setting for every instance, but I'm not sure how I go about doing it.

Anyway issues I'm having are:

• Is it possible to have one stylesheet used for rendering in the editor and control the styles in the list seperately? At the moment I've set the uiEditorCssPaths setting in config and this contains important styles to rendering but I don't want them all shown in the styles dropdown.
  • In the plug-in manager I can see all sort of TinyMCE buttons which are supposedly installed, including table related ones, however in the actually panel that appears when you click into the editor none of these buttons show and I can't figure out what I need to do to fix this.
  • Is there any way to customise the mark-up that is inserted when dragging images into the rich text area?

Am I missing some sort of configuration screen for this or options? I've read through the customising TinyMCE documenation, however not found it very clear or useful.

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Editing/Customizing-the-TinyMCE-editor/ 

May 30, 2014 11:40
Vote:

I've just found some setting under Config > Property Configuration > Edit Custom Property Types which looks like it is going to let me change the buttons shown for the TinyMCE editor, so this solves item 2 on my list.

One thing I am wondering is if it is possible to target configurations to roles?  Such that developers or admins could get the HTML button but hiding it from the typical numpty.

May 30, 2014 11:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.