Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP Migration tool

Vote:

I'm trying to migrate a vpp with the migration tool.

My site is in version of EPiServer 7.7:

I get this error when trying to connect my site in the migration tool:

Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.Packaging, Version=2.1.90.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.SetupAssemblyTypeScanner()
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ScanAssemblies()
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.InitalizeEPiServer(String webConfigPath) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 129
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.get_RuntimeProxyWrapper() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.FillSiteData() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 101

Is there any solution to migrate a vpp to a EPiServer 7.7 site?

I have all the media types defined.

May 28, 2014 16:26
Vote:

Hi,

Is your site working? It looks like you're having some old assemblies (EPiServer.Packaging at least) in bin or modulesbin. VPP Migration tool requires that the site is up and running. You might want to compile your project after updating nuget packages to get new aseemblies copied to bin folder.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, May 29, 2014 8:32
Vote:

I found a solution:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=82527&epslanguage=en

Jun 02, 2014 10:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.