Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search IndexingService fails with (400) Bad Request

Vote:

Hello - running into a very frustrating problem with the IndexingService and have not been able to find any pointers on this forum or the net in general... error is below:

2015-02-13 16:30:25,104 [127] ERROR SearchSettings: Update batch could not be sent to service uri 'http://mysite.com/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc/update/?accesskey=local'. Message: 'The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.MakeHttpRequest(String url, NamedIndexingServiceElement namedIndexingServiceElement, String method, Stream postData, Action`1 responseHandler)
at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.SendRequest(SyndicationFeed feed, String namedIndexingService, Collection`1 ids)'
2015-02-13 16:30:25,105 [127] ERROR SearchSettings: Send batch for named index 'serviceName' failed. Items are left in queue.

I can hit http://mysite.com/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc just fine (I recieve the 'Endpoint not found' message).

Any time a page is added or content is updated, it doesn't get indexed. 

Any ideas??

Thanks for any insight.

Feb 13, 2015 22:38
Vote:

Hi David,

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I have a few things you can try to get it in a working state again.

1) Check if and what version of Lucene.net assembly you have in your site bin folder. EPiServer is using Lucene.net 3.0.3.0 I think

2) Delete everything under the index folder and re-index the content. Restart the site and do a search and I think it should start a reindex automatically. You can see where the index folder is defined under <episerver.search.indexingservice> in web.config.

If that doesn't help, open up a case with Support and they will help you.

/T

Edit: You can also reindex by going to http:///localhost:17007/{CMSUI}/admin/indexcontent.aspx (replace localhost:17007 and {CMSUI} with your path and your CMS UI respectively)

Edited, Feb 13, 2015 23:09
Vote:

Thanks Toni - I'll give these things a shot & see where I end up after the weekend!

Feb 13, 2015 23:23
Vote:

Issue resolved. I had an error in my custom initalization module for Lucene indexing of page properties. All sorted out for now.

Feb 16, 2015 22:39
Vote:

Sometimes it helps to empty (its safe) the tblIndexRequestLog, or just remove the top 10 rows, since they jam up to queue.

From error log: "Send batch for named index 'default' failed. Items are left in queue." <-- remove it from tblIndexRequestLog and your good to go again. But the problem is that you don't know which rows, there take the top x rows and see if it starts again.

Why?

I´ve noticed when content in queue are deleted from trash and does not exist, it stops the queue.

Hope it helps others! Regards

Nov 25, 2016 10:35
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.