Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

object reference not set EPiServer.UI.Admin.Menu.OnLoad

Vote:

Hi,

I've just upgraded a site from 7.5.++ to the latest on Nuget (9.8.3) and so far all seems to be working with the exception of the menu in CMS Admin mode where I get a null reference exception as follows:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.UI.Admin.Menu.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +208
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Has anyone else encountered this and know how to fix?

Thanks,

Mark

May 05, 2016 17:07
Vote:

Seems like some people has had similar bugs, see this thread. http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-EPiServer-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2014/10/Broken-System-Settings-in-7133/

"When looking into the content of EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip or EPiServer.Shell.UI.zip (under ~/modules/_protected/), I noticed there was a folder named "7.6.4.0", which led me to believe that those files under the _protected folder was not updated when updating the NuGet-packages. Bingo! The content of the "packages\EPiServer.CMS.UI.7.14.0\content\modules\_protected" folder, contained newer files. Manually replacing the files made it working again."

OR

"I've just upgraded from 7.5.394.2 to 8.5 and got the same error as anve in our testenviroment. The solution for me was to remove modules and modulesrepository under my vpp folder. Also make sure there is no mudulesbin under the root folder."

Edited, May 05, 2016 21:44
Vote:

<p><span>I noticed the files under modules/_protected were older than in the packages folder so I replaced these and it made no difference. Removing the modules and modulesrepository from the VPP folder did however fix the problem.</span></p> <p><span>Thanks for your help,</span></p> <p><span>Mark</span></p>
May 06, 2016 10:49
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.