I've been trying to remove a block that was used previously on a base pages for all pages as a property. Although the property itself has been completely been deleted when I try and removed this block from code I'm getting.
The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_tblWorkContentProperty_tblPropertyDefinition". The conflict occurred in database "BT_DEV", table "dbo.tblWorkContentProperty", column 'fkPropertyDefinitionID'.
It's not something I've had before in years of working with EPiServer and although for the time being I've marked it not to be availible in the edit mode it's something I'd like to resolve.
I'm also getting same error when i published my EPiServer Project (other than AlloyDemo or Alloy Sample project). I was trying to build two applications (two episerver web-sites), firstone Alloy sample project which is a default application (sits under site\wwwroot folder) and for secondone, i had created virtual directory and checked the checkbox as Application in the Azure portal first (physical path mentioned as site\wwwroot\Test in the Azure portal) before deploy.
Then everyhing was setup, I published both the projects one by one (Alloy first and Test second. For Test I changed connection settings of web publish as site name: Test; destination URL: http://xyz.dxcloud.episerver.net/Test) before publising from VS. Both projects got published successfully, I could see folder created Test under wwwroot, but when I try to browse my Test application I was unable to browse (http://xyz.dxcloud.episerver.net/Test/episerver/cms) giving internal server error. I don't know whether that is possible or not. So then thinking that probably only application can be installed and what I am doing is may not be the correct way. So I deleted everything under wwwroot folder from Azure portal (using KUDU UI) and this time I published my Non Alloy project on the root. Publishing went well and as soon as publishing is complete browser opened the website and boom... there I got this error.
I looked for this error but could not get any help. In fact this was the only post matches with the error I got. So if you have got solution by this time, can you please let me know. Also correct me if I'm thinking in a wrong direction.
Thanks and Regards
Sometimes you can get this error when everything becomes out of sync with the models. I recommend removing/adding the affected block from code and redeploying it, then putting it back again and redeploying.
In my case as a shared block it was never fixed and I just removed all references and marked it as not addable in the CMS, then added it in to a deprecated group, tho I'm sure it could be done with some SQL.
I think I know why the error was coming in my case. It was simply because Azure CMS database was not in sync with my local CMS database.